Healthy eating is the key in having healthy teeth. Celery and carrots are the best vegetables to rebuild tooth enamel, because they stimulate salive production and kill bacteria. On the same list we find cheese, sesame seeds, green tea,, onions and mushrooms. Vitamic C is essential for perfect teeth and also, it is recommended to drink a lot of water.
Plants that helps restore tooth enamel:
If you feel that your teeth have been thinned, there are certain herbs that helps in this situation. For example, horse tail is typically used to improve bone density, but also helps restore and strengthen of the enamel. Lucerne is another plant that helps your teeth become more shiny. It is rich in calcium and minerals that are very easily absorbed in the body. White oak has similar properties.
What to do at home to strengthen your tooth enamel
- For healthy teeth, wash them with warm water and sea salt twice a day. Sea salt soothes your gums and your teeths will be remineralized. A diet rich in vitamins and minerals also prevents erosion of teeth enamel and tooth decay.
- Clay can be also used for this purpose. You can mix it with water and charcoal, until you get a smooth paste, and then apply it on your teeth.
- After eating acidic foods, rinse your mouth with water to neutralize the effect they can have on your teeth. When you drink soft drinks, use a straw to help the liquid to get behind and not to touch your teeth.
- Use a soft toothbrush, because this will reduce the sensivity of teeth.
- Try oil-pulling. This method, which requires you to rinse your mouth for a few minutes with coconut oil, protects your teeth from cavities and strengthens tooth enamel.
Foods that destroy tooth enamel:
If you want to have healthy teeth you should avoid:
- Carbonated drinks
- Ice cream
- Alcoholic beverages